It’s one thing to carry a self-defense weapon on your keychain or in your purse. It’s another thing to actually be in an emergency situation where you have to use it to defend yourself.
Reflect on these 45 self-defense questions and prepare yourself beforehand so that you are ready to defend yourself in any situation.
APR 08, 2023
“Like an actor in a movie, play out the scene in your head now so that the actions will be natural in a real-life emergency.”
45 Self-Defense Questions to Evaluate Your Preparedness
There is a saying in preparedness training: play the tape forward. Playing the tape forward simply means taking some time to contemplate the emergency situation and imagine how you will handle it in order to escape safely. By doing so, you will be more equipped to react fast and effectively.
26. What will I do if a stranger approaches me and says that my mom was in an accident and I need to come with them now?
27. How will I protect myself on the subway or public transportation?
28. How will I defend myself if I don’t have my self-defense weapon with me?
29. What will I do to stay safe in my apartment complex or dorm?
30. What will I do to abort from a date with someone who seems creepy?
31. How will I react if someone grabs my purse while I’m walking down the street?
32. What will I do if someone follows me into the bathroom at a club and locks the door?
33. How will I respond if my intuition tells me that a situation or environment feels unsafe?
34. What will I do if I am carjacked and my kids are in the car?
35. What will I do if I am forced into the trunk of a car?
“Start by identifying the top 5 places in your life that are vulnerable to an attacker and plan your self-defense accordingly.”
Journaling on these questions is a great method to explore your reactions and lay out a plan to approach any vulnerabilities in your self-defense preparedness so that you can take action to eliminate them. The good news is that Defense Divas Pink Ink has articles available to address almost all of the dangerous situations you may find yourself in. We encourage you to explore the articles and bring yourself self-defense and safety awareness education up to a grade A+.
Self-defense is a serious matter. Being prepared can mean the difference between life and death. This article provided 45 questions to help evaluate your self-defense preparedness. Take a moment to reflect on these questions and take action to strengthen any weak areas. With proper preparation, you can be ready to defend yourself in any situation.
Defense Divas® wants you to be equipped to defend yourself not only with a self-defense weapon, but also with the practical knowledge of safety awareness and prevention.
Follow us on your favorite social media platforms (@DefenseDivas) to receive safety tips, product videos and more in your daily feed. Leave us a comment and introduce yourself too!
Copyright©2023 All rights reserved. This article or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of Defense Divas®.