“Carry it out, loud and proud. Showing you are ready to defend can often avoid having to defend. ”
How To Use Pepper Spray Effectively
The effects of pepper spray are non-lethal but very powerful none the less. Knowing where to aim, what to expect when you fire and how your attacker will react are important aspects of carrying this powerful self-defense weapon.
⭐Be Ready To Defend
⭐How To Use Pepper Spray
- Elevate the pepper spray product to face level with your attacker and keep it at arm’s length from your body ideally.
The chemical compound in mace attaches to the soft mucous membranes of the respiratory system and causes a violent allergic reaction. For this reason, it is important to aim your pepper spray at the face. Specifically, they eyes, nose and mouth.
If you are in hand to hand combat with your attacker, spray it on your hands and rub it in his eyes. This keeps the pepper spray from blowing back into your own face.
- Maintain your concentration of pepper spray on the attacker’s head, keep the actual stream steady.
Expect to see your attacker begin reacting to the chemical compounds in a few moments. Gasping, temporary blindness, tearing and violently coughing are typical reactions.
- Spray your attacker with a second burst, if needed, and then move away.
- Exiting to a safe space is the goal!
- Remember, pepper spray doesn’t work instantaneously. It requires a few seconds to permeate the membranes. But your attacker will go down and be in excruciating pain while you have given yourself an escape route from the emergency situation.
“Look for a pepper spray model with extra safety features. Most have them now.”
Defense spray manufacturers have gotten very innovative and now offer many pepper spray products that also have additional self-defense features included.
For example, the Strike-n-Spray model combines a pepper spray and blade to provide two self-defense weapons on one tool. Look for a self-defense spray product that has a UV dye in it. Most of them do. The UV dye will not wash off; providing police an easily identifiable target.
The Fight Fobs® self-defense keychains are an excellent way to carry pepper spray as well as several additional personal defense tools right on your keyring, including a kubaton and panic alarm.
Explore the fantastic selection of mace and pepper spray options at Defense Divas®. Our goal in selecting each product is to offer you unique and innovative ways to protect yourself. Most of our self-defense products come with a lifetime replacement warranty.
Copyright©2017 All rights reserved. This article or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of Defense Divas®.